About Us

Northridge is part of the Presbyterian Church (USA), and belongs to Grace Presbytery, a regional grouping of 175 Presbyterian churches in northeast Texas.

Our congregation consists of about 550 members. We are governed by our Session and also have a Board of Deacons. Many of our congregants are active in church functions and programs as well as local and city involvement, and generously give of their time and talents to several mission partner agencies. Northridge hosts a Childhood Development Center (NCDC), and sponsors Boy Scout Troup 64.

IMG_1662

History of Northridge:
Northridge was organized February 10, 1905, meeting in three different buildings in eleven years, finally settling in 1916 at the corner of Swiss and Carroll, just east of downtown Dallas. The congregation moved to our current location near White Rock Lake in 1950.

In 2001, having outgrown the sanctuary that had served us for 50 years, Northridge opened a new sanctuary, fellowship hall, and office wing. The original building was remodeled and exists today as our education wing where we hold Christian Education classes, committee meetings, child care, and children’s and youth programs.