PACK THE PEWS
What started as an effort to help refugee families through our partnership with the International Rescue Committee has grown to now benefit a different mission partner each month.
How to Participate
Our Pack The Pews Mission Partner recipient for the month of September is The Wilkinson Center.The Wilkinson Center mission is to transform the lives of Dallas families by providing pathways to self-sufficiency with dignity and respect. The center helps families face critical life challenges including food insecurity, lack of education, economic instability, unemployment and underemployment.
This month, we will be collecting the following items to benefit The Wilkinson Center:
- Canned meats such as tuna, stews, chili, chicken
- peanut butter and jelly in 16 oz. jars, cereal and oatmeal,
- dinner mixes – Hamburger or Tuna Helper, Rice-a-Roni, pastas, 1 pound bags of beans
- hearty soups or soup mixes
- cooking oil and basic spices
- canned fruit and vegetables
- soap, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, razors
- diapers from newborn to size 5 and baby wipes
- basic cleaning supplies
You may also donate directly to the Pack The Pews Mission efforts by visiting the Give tab at the very top of this website.
Please bring the items to the Northridge side portico for curbside drop off between 3:00PM and 5:00PM Sunday afternoons in September. Please wear your mask & social distancing will be the rule!
Stay tuned to this space – and the emailed Northridge Word – for news on each month’s collection.
Following social distancing rules, many families and individuals have driven through the Northridge parking lot each Sunday afternoon to drop off items that volunteers from our church have collected and distributed to our mission partners. Those who have not been able to make it to Northridge have participated by ordering items or donating online.
Pack The Pews efforts have benefited the following mission partners:
- March-May: Northridge Without Borders/ International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- June: Literacy Achieves
- July: White Rock Center of Hope
- August: The Stewpot
- September: The Wilkinson Center